About ECHO’s Information Technology TeamECHO IT has a guiding philosophy to minimize or remove barriers to replication of the ECHO model and to provide technology that enables and supports the growth of the ECHO movement. ECHO IT pursues and provides top-notch 3rd party applications when we can partner such that we are able to provide zero-cost licenses to our partners and we internally develop applications when those partnerships are unavailable with the goal to provide enabling technology at zero-cost.
ECHO IT Services
TeleECHO Clinic Support
- TeleECHO Clinics: We will help you connect to a TeleECHO Clinic using web-based video conferencing. Our preferred conferencing service is ECHO Zoom, but sites are welcome to use their own preferred tool as long as application utilizes video teleconferencing (VTC) industry standards H.264, H.265, H.239, H.323 and SIP. We can help you by making recommendations for equipment (tablets and/or all-in-one computers and/or microphones, speakers, displays, webcams, computers) that will support your particular needs in hubs and spokes.
- Replication: We will consult on your specific application and clinic set-up, perform technical analysis consulting to customize the ECHO IT (where necessary) to meet your needs and perform training.
Application Support and TrainingConsistent with our guiding philosophy, once you are a member of the MetaECHO Community, ECHO IT will provide you access to the following applications at zero cost: We can help your team learn to use the following tools:
- iECHO: ECHO’s TeleECHO Clinic management application used to streamline information about Clinic participation, reference material, CME, etc.
- iHealth: ECHO’s disease management and research application.
- ECHO Health: ECHO’s team coordination application used primarily to help Operational Intensivist Teams (OIT’s) to provide quality care to high-utilizer patients requiring complex care.
- ECHO Zoom: ECHO’s video teleconferencing application from Zoom.US used primarily to provide the VTC backbone for ECHO’s teleECHO Clinics.
- ECHO Box: ECHO’s file sharing and storage application from Box.com is used to support sharing of materials within the MetaECHO community. To use ECHO Box, establish your own Box.com account, fill out and return the Project ECHO Applications Appropriate Use Guidelines, and review the training materials.
We can schedule in-person either at Project ECHO or using ECHO Zoom. We also offer online training for the above applications at Project ECHO Online Training.
ECHO IT Security
- HIPAA: We will help you conduct your TeleECHO Clinic in a manner consistent with HIPAA requirements, particularly helping hubs and spokes avoid using any of HIPAA’s 18 personally identifying categories.
ECHO IT Evolving Directions
- Leveraging the value of data
- Exploring advanced and emerging technologies